Monday, February 25, 2008

A Day At the ER!

About 11:00 this morning I was doing the dishes and Kyle was getting ready for work. Leyton was chasing the cat around the house when all of a sudden he tripped and went straight into the corner of the bedroom door. Nine hours and ten stitches later he was enjoying a bath. After getting the blood to stop we ran him down to the IHC in Taylorsville they had a 3 hour wait so we ran up the the IHC on 90th where we were told to take him up to Childrens Primary. Thanks to the great cold and flu season we waited for over 2 1/2 hours in the waiting room. Lets just hope we didn't catch anything. We finally got in and they gave Leyton a sedative that was supposed to make him really calm and low key, but not put him totally out. Unfortunately it didn't seem to work on him. As they were trying to clean out and stitch him up he was screaming and kicking. Kyle and I were trying to help calm him down and hold him...however when the nurse was numbing the cut it started to open up and bleed a lot so I got a little woozy and had to sit down. Luckily Kyle was OK (so I thought). After a little while he started looking a little green. But by this time I was feeling better and was able to help while Kyle proceeded to throw up in the nearest trash can :(
Some how we made it through the day! Leyton has two stitches that are really deep and 8 on the outside. Poor little guy! I know that these things happen and I'm sure that it is only the start but I always feel like such a bad parent when he gets hurt bad.
Any ways I will have to post more pictures of the stitches. I didn't want to remove the band aid for fear that Leyton would notice it and pick at the stitches.

4 comments:

paige said...

Poor guy! I wondered what the crayon was on his forehead! :)Do not feel bad, I am waiting for the day Polly falls down the stairs or runs out in the road, ending in some sort of distater...it's only a matter of time. That's funny about Kyle though. I am sure Lorin is going to give him a hard time...we are checking blogs together this morning. :)

Emily said...

I am so sorry! Stitches are really hard, and it is SO HARD to have to hold down your own child. I have done it a couple of times with tears streaming down my face. You are NOT a bad parent. Just a couple of minutes ago, Macy (who will be four in a couple of weeks, but still has trouble walking), tripped and did a chin-dive into the wall. It wasn't a corner, but she does have a pretty good fat lip and a bruised chin. What do you do?!?

Andee said...

What a tough guy! Lunch was so fun. We really need to get together again, especially since Letyon and Josh bonded with their laugh attack.

Amber said...

So sad! Sounds like he was a brave little guy. And you are so brave to be able to hold him down so that he could get the stitches! Lucky for us, Dallin hasn't had any major accidents that require hospital visits, yet. Cross my fingers. . .