Thursday, November 15, 2007

Marriage

Kyle & I are coming up on our 4 year anniversary this December. I and love that there are still things about him that I don't know. For instance (he just might kill me for mentioning these but they are funny things that I didn't know about him). The other day he was getting dressed and we were talking, he started putting his deodorant on & counting. I was like what are you doing?...(kyle) um putting deodorant on is that ok. Yes, but why are you counting? (kyle)Don't you count how many swipes you put on so that you get the same amount on each side. Um no! I just slap a little on. But he has to put on 10 swipes every time...so that night in bed I challenged him to just try putting 7 swipes on one side and 9 on the other. I have the feeling that those being odd numbers will scare him too much. There are a few other things that I learned about him that night that I think are a little ocd..but cute. He says that when he changes a poppy diaper (yes I'm very glad that he does his fair share) any way he makes a game out of it by trying to see how he can possibly clean all the poop up with one whipe. He is also very neat at it by folding the whip very strategic. Me, I am a complete mess and use about have of the whipes if its a really bad one. :) He will also make it a game when he leaves school. He'll make a guess as to how many steps it will take him to reach his car...but he also told me that he will sometimes cheat when he gets close by taking baby steps or giant steps. Its funny how much you think you really know some one and then you find out something new about that person. I guess 4 years really isn't that long so I'm excited to see what else I will learn about him since we have an eternity.

5 comments:

paige said...

How funny! I will have to watch for little things like that in my life. :) I also make sure I get the deoderant even, but not 10 swipes...that's quite alot. :) Just be glad he changes poopy diapers. Lorin did when I had YW, but he would always call first to see if I was on my way home yet or not before going at it. :)

Amber said...

What a cute picture! Isn't marriage great? Although Kyle does sound a little OCD, counting deodorant swipes, counting his steps. . . :)

Emily said...

This is hilarious (and I can't believe he let you post this). I count steps, too. I used to do it more, like when I was in school and had the same schedule every day. But, I never told anyone.

This reminds me of my favorite deoderant story: A family friend of ours always had under-arm problems. She went on her mission to Austria, and wore a heavy, wool dress that had horrible pit stains. Anyway...when she was engaged, she lived with her younger sister. One day, her sister walked by her room and saw her putting deoderant on her lower arm. Her sister asked what she was doing, and she said that she was putting on her deoderant. When her sister told her it goes in your armpit, she said it was disgusting. It turns out that my friend learned how to put deoderant on from the commercials. You know, where they wipe two different kinds on their arms to show the difference. No wonder she had a problem!

Emily said...

This was so funny. :) After reading your post, I decided to ask my husband if he did any "funny things" that I didn't really know about...wow, it is amazing the things you can learn even after a few years of being married.

Jen-ben said...

I so love this Colette! How hilarious...it kind of sounds like Jasper. He stands there putting on deoderant for like 10 minutes. It like, seriously? Do they really think that helps??? :)