Monday, November 19, 2007

I Hate Bugs!


Today was quite the fun eventful day. Leyton had his 15 month check up this morning at 10:30 and two hours later we were finally leaving the Dr.'s. He had to get a flu shot and his MMR that they messed up on last time. Then they drew some blood to run tests because he's in the 5% for his weight. The kid just doesn't eat enough and is so picky and allergic to milk products. I am at a loss as to how to get him to eat more. If any one has any suggestions please let me know. Then we had to go over and get an x-ray of his chest. What a trooper- he was so sad :( It was hard to watch him just constantly cry and get poked. Luckily Kyle was able to come with however at the time we didn't know he would be going through all of this today. They took x-ray's because for a while he has been breathing kind of weird. It usually is only in the morning and doesn't happen everyday, we thought that he might have asthma. The Dr is worried that maybe he chocked on something and it went into his lung. So just to be safe we did x-rays....so I'm a little nervous waiting for them to call. Then on the way home I had to go to the bank to see if I left my debit card in their ATM otherwise I needed to report it lost, but just like I thought I'm loosing my mind and left it in the ATM. Thank goodness!! Then while Leyton was eating dinner I thought I would put some stuff away in our storage unit outside on the balcony. The door was open for a minute or even less and all of a sudden this huge and I mean huge bug that looked like a misquito came flying in....eew gross!!! I hate bugs...so I grabbed the broom because its long enough so I don't have to get very close. I'm screaming, yes literaly screaming, while I'm trying to swat this huge thing with the broom... Leyton is just laughing and laughing at me but I was successful and knocked it to the ground and hit it until it was no longer moving eew!! Then to clean it up after I took this nice picture so you could understand how massive this thing was I used the vacuum so I could once again keep my distance. Then just to make sure it was dead and not flying out of the vacuum I continued to vacuum. I figured the more dirt that landed on it the better.

6 comments:

Brian and Kim said...

Man, you've had a tough day. I hope that everything will be ok.

Way to kill the bug, I can't stand bugs either.

paige said...

one of those things flew in my car the other day at the fabric store. I was like, 'what the heck is this?' it's like a giant mosquito/daddy longleg or something. i hate them, too.

once there was a spider under polly's bed at the condo & lorin hadto work with me for like 10 minutes to get it. he kept saying, "what if it was poisonous? would you let it get polly?" so finally i just went for it, but i was using a paper towel & heard it crunch...talk about dry heaving. it was the worst experience.

Emily said...

Poor Leyton! I hope everything's okay. All my kids are in the 2% for weight (which is the lowest they go until they tell you that they aren't on the chart anymore). One doctor told me to add calories with sugar, which I didn't do. My kids love veggies (just like Leyton eating his peas) and they don't really love meat. I don't know what to tell you about the milk allergy. The good news is that they usually outgrow that allergy. Good luck!

Emily said...

...and good job with the big, nasty bug!

Kelsey said...

Oh poor Leyton! I'm worried about his breathing. Aliah is in the 4% for weight, but they've never said it mattered. I think your doctor is better than mine. Oh and by the way that bug is a mosquito eater (crane fly.) It actually eats mosquito larva. Sick I know. At least that's what I think from what I can tell of it smashed remains. And your friend is right, it is called a Daddy Longleg in England. Fun bit of trivia eh?

Jen-ben said...

I hate it when they're crying their eyes out and they look at you like "why aren't you saving me??!!". It makes it so much worse! Glad all is well!