Monday, September 24, 2007

Harry Potter


I finally finished!! I bought this book back when it first came out. Months ago...and I just now finished reading it. I loved it! I guess I read about as fast as a 1st grader or perhaps even slower. I think I just like to drag it out so that it doesn't ever really end. It also didn't help that I have a one year old and was sick with mono the past few months so I slept alot instead of reading. Any way I thnk the Harry Potter books have such clever plots. I can't wait till Leyton is old enough so I can read them with him. Now I need a new book to read any suggestions?

3 comments:

paige said...

Twilight! You can read mine when i get it back from my friend Michelle. I am hoping for New Moon in the mail tomorrow eventhough I have just started Gathering Blue. I never thought I would love reading as much as I have this year but it will be great to give me something to do this winter. Harry Potter had a good ending huh? I was really happy with it, but sad that they are all over. I tried to drag it out, but you did much better than I did.

Kemari said...

reading was fun once! I am only reading The Magic Treehouse series with the boys for bedtime. I am counting down all 20 books we have left so we can start Potter. I haven't read them yet either so it will be fun. Derek and I both want to read it with them so it may be a family affair

Emily said...

I don't know what kind of books you like, my favorite is historical fiction. Here are some of my favorites:

- Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (He also wrote A Thousand Splendid Suns which I have not read, but Jen LOVED it)
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- The Other Side of the Sky by Farah Ahmedi
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- Thanks to My Mother by Schoschana Rabiniovici
- Anything by Chaim Potok (he writes about the Jewish/American experience) or Gloria Naylor
- Walkt Two Moons by Sharon Creech (this is actually adolescent literature, but I love it)

Some of my kids favorites:
Anything by Audrey and Don Wood (Piggies or Big Hungry Bear)
How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague