Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Leyton!!

(don't let this picture fool you he didn't eat his cake this year either)
This year I was having a hard time trying to decide what to do for Leyton's 2nd birthday. With very little family close by its hard to have a big party with just family. So Thanks to all of you who came to help us celebrate and make it fun for Leyton. We went to the Classic Fun Center to 'bounce'! Originally I was going to have it at Jumpin Jacks in West Jordan it was scheduled to open on the 15th of Aug, but needless to say they didn't open on time. So at the last minute I had to call everyone and let them know that the party had to be moved to the Classic Fun Center in Sandy. Then I ordered a cake from Harmon's and went to pick it up on the way to the party...however they put the order in the wrong slot and hadn't even started on the cake. They told me that they could have a cake done in 10 minutes for me for free...it was such a cute cake and when she said it would be free I decided that we would just be a little late to our own birthday party.

So we had a few little bumps but were able to make it and had a great time. Here's Leyton and me heading down on of the slides..if you look closely he is a little scarred of the slide.

Leyton enjoyed bouncing by himself better...I love this shot of Kate!
Kyle and Leyton playing videos games...he loves to drive :)

Here's Paige with her new little baby!!! Oh so cute.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Oh that looks so fun! Sorry we didn't make it! Leyton is so big. I wish we could hang out soon, and let the kids play.

Paige said...

Wow - that is a bad picture of me :) Bruce is cute as ever though! :) Thanks for a fun party, Polly asks to go again every time she sees pictures. We will have to go to Jumpin Jacks soon!

Emily said...

It looks like you had a great time. My kids birthdays are such big deals for me. When they are really little, I just think, "Whew! I survived yet another year." I congratulate myself, and then re-live the day they were born. It is quite emotional for me. But, this year with Austin, I had a different thought. "Oh my goodness! He's closer to a teenager than a baby. This is going way too fast!" But, I still congratulate myself on survival, and always re-live the day they were born.

I wish we could have made it work, but it looks like Leyton had a great time. He is so adorable. I love it that he's talking so much now. So stinkin' cute!