Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What to do??

Ok so I haven't blogged in a while... I think I forgot how....just kidding! Does anyone have a good pedatricion they would recommend? I don't like mine and think that I should have switched a long time ago. Especially after they gave Leyton the wrong shot....how does that even happen. Instead of his mmr he got some shot that they give kids going into High School. I was called by the Dr. later that day informing me that they had given him the wrong shot and that it wouldn't effect him they would just give him the correct shot at his next visit. (they better hope it doesn't effect him) In the meantime I had a scare while at my sisters. Leyton has allergic reactions to milk or maybe just processed cheese (I don't know) & my Dr doesn't seem to think its a big deal...any ways so Leyton ate some of my nieces goldfish crackers and then started breathing weird kind of like he had croup (which he has had) so I called the Dr's office not sure if he was having an allergic reaction or what was going on. He seemed fine all day until after he had gotten ahold of the goldfish. So my Dr's office continues to tell me that I can bring him in at 2:50 that day and it was only noon. Ok so what if it is serious and he stops breathing in the meantime. Long story short I went to my sisters ped. who saw him right away and gave him an eppi shot. I still am not sure if that was the reason for his breathing cause he didn't have any other symptoms (hives/throwing up) bit it seemed to do the trick he was fine right after. Maybe I am just to paranoid I just don't know when its serious or not. Shouldn't my Dr. tell me what type of warning signs are serious or what I should look for. I am making Kyle come to his next visit but I really want a new Dr.

3 comments:

paige said...

My sister in-law loves her pediatrician. The number is 254-9700..it is Families First Pediatrics...not sure about the address, but probably in Riverton. His name is Dr. Johnson & she said he is pretty hard to get into but she has had her kids go to all the doctors there at one time or another & they are all great. Good luck! Mine isn't that great either...I might make a switch at 2 years as well.

Emily said...

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. It is so hard to know when to go to the doctor and when to let it go. It's sounds like you made the right decision. I don't love, love, love my doctor, but he's okay. The problem is that I only see him at "well visits" not when my kids are actually sick. He's too hard to get into. You'll have to let me know what you find.

Jen-ben said...

wow, that was lame he gave the wrong shot. BUT maybe it was for the best because the MMR can be a scary one. Hopefully when he does get that one, they'll do it by itself. I'm on the hunt for a doc as well....maybe we can find one together...how tender.