Friday, August 7, 2009

Washington!!

Well we made it and have actually been here 1 week already. It kind of just feels like I'm on vacation and not really living here yet.

Packing up our house took so much longer than we thought it would... I guess I didn't realize how much stuff I had actually shoved into our little condo. By the time we had everything loaded up it was after 2:00 pm & we still hadden't eaten any lunch. As we were getting into the cars Leyton kept talking to me about some candy he had eaten in Grandpas truck that made him sick. It took me a while to realize that he had eaten some m&m's (which he is allergic too) and of course all the medicine was packed up where we couldn't get to it. We headed out and stopped at Wal-mart to get him some benadryl. Just as I jumped out of the car went into wal-mart Kyle took the kids and headed to Wendy's to grab a quick bite....and as he was driving away Leyton puked all over himself. You would think that I would have been smart and left a change of clothes for him out of the trailer...nope so Kyle had to run back over to wal-mart and buy him something to wear....it was a lot of puke trust me you wouldn't want to sit in it for 10 hours. Anyways after a long morning we headed out at about 3pm and got to WA just after 1am. Once we got on the road it really wasn't bad the kids did surprisingly really well. Only 1 extra potty break.
We are still trying to get settled and decide where things should go..etc etc I will have to take some pictures soon and post them for you all to see. That is unless anyone wants to come see for themselves. You are all welcome too!!

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to see you guys one more time. I even have an invite to Aliah's birthday party addressed to you on my desk. :( I'm glad we can stay in touch on our blogs.

Jax said...

What a fun adventure. I love the new picture. That is so perfect what I think the older child feels like. Averi is darling.

Kemari said...

all we need is the proper invite for t-day and we are there! glad you are all settled, mom drew a nice sketch of the house for me, looks big and nice! love the fam pic i want one...

Rose said...

Oh trust me our summer vacation is planned in Washington next year! ;)

Emily said...

Glad to know you made it safely. Poor Leyton! I guess that's life with kids...right?!?

Unknown said...

Colette I love that picture of the family & little Leyton's hand held face, looking forward to a copy.
Mom