Thursday, November 20, 2008

Expecting!!

Ok so we are expecting...a june baby! I wasn't planning on telling anyone for a while, but then I got really sick and my mom had to come up from St. George to rescue me. Thanks MOM!!
Kyle was trying but husbands just don't really know how to wait on you like moms do. I was also supposed to speak at my nephews baptism that weekend and wasn't even sure I would make it. (I made it but wasn't feeling up to giving a talk so my dad filled in. I'm sure he did a way better job than I would have.) So that is how all of my family found out so once they knew Kyle wanted to tell his family. Then for some reason Kyle told his whole sunday school class...(marriage and family) he said it just came out. So I decided that I would put up my countdown and that is probably how the rest of you found out!
I have been really sick this time. :( I don't know if last time since I was working I just didn't think about it and had to go about my day or if it really is worse this time. I am rarely dressed before 3p.m. and only am because I have meetings at night I have to go to. Do you have any advice on how to get over being sick...or constantly feeling nauseas? I just try to sleep a lot (because then I'm not aware of feeling sick) but lately I can't even do that because I'm so stressed out with my new calling I just lye there thinking of all the stuff I need to get done. And its hard to sleep with a 2 yr old running around.
Well enough complaining we are very excited and I know that in time it will pass... and I will forget all about it (maybe). I keep telling Kyle that this is our last one cause I don't want to go through this again...he just says we'll see!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Now that you have more than one child, don't plan on getting dressed before 3 p.m. most days. :) just kidding (sort of). Congratulations! We are so happy for you. Sorry to hear about the sickness. Maybe that means it will be a girl. I have a friend that swears by that: more sickness=girl, less sickness=boy. I don't really know! I hear ginger is supposed to work. Good luck finding something. Probably the best thing is just time. Eventually...even though you don't believe me now...you will have energy again and you will be able to look at food again and find it enticing. In the meantime, thank heavens for wonderful mothers!

andrea said...

oh congratulations!! :) that is such exciting news! too bad it isn't a july baby ;) Rose and i would love to share our birthday month! haha! i am sorry you are stressed out...let me know if i can help you plan things or whatnot. love you c!

Brian and Kim said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you. Our babies will be buds. If you need to sleep or help with your calling, just call me.

Kemari said...

Just remember every day is a day closer to being done! You'll probably return to have a 3rd, its amazing what we can put ourselves through to have a child, especially when you start to feel it so strong! Look at my craziness! It will be fun to have a cousin within a month of eachother! June just sounds soooo far!

Paige said...

I hope you feel better again soon! The memories of being sick with Bruce still have not passed...so I totally remember how you are feeling...I started feeling sick right around Christmas, maybe you will be past it by then & enjoy the holidays more than I did. I bet you are looking forward to your appointment on Monday, that always made it seem a little more real to me & like I was actually making progress!

Mindi and Adam little said...

congrats, I know I have already told you but I'm sor excited for you and Kyle. If you ever need me to take leyton in the afternoon just let me know....I will anytime!! We need to get together soon!

Rose said...

Congratulations! I am sorry you are sick all the time!! As soon as finals are over I will come make you lunch again, and watch Leyton so you can take a nap! I don't know if this works for like the Flu only or what, but when I have the flu I put a cold compress on my stomach and it really helps, I don't know why! That's all I've got sorry, never been preggars!

Kelsey said...

I predict you're having a boy. I don't believe your friend Emily who says you get sick with girls. I have two girls, and never had any sickness. (Not that you want to hear that!) Congratz!

Brian and Kim said...

Just checking in to see how you are doing. Hopefully your morning sickness is letting up a little.

Jared & Mindy Hatch said...

Colette, I thought I heard the rumor and I am so excited for you. Congratulations, belated!