Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New York!!

Last week Kyle and I had the opportunity to go to New York!! It was so much fun! We left Leyton home with Grandma and Grandpa and his cousin Gunner. It was hard to leave him for me cause I've never left him for longer than a few hours before...but I survived! (I missed him though)
Here's some of the highlights of our trip!
Here we are at the US Open Tennis. This was the view from our seats :) They really weren't bad....the only bad thing was during the day games it was so hot I felt like I was melting! Seriously!!

Central Park! Amazing and Huge!


The Statue of Liberty!
(don't mind all of the random people in the picture we wern't thinking that we chose to go on Labor Day....it was a little crowded)

My favorite moment was definitely seeing Wicked! It was fantastic!!
A must see.. I can't wait to see it again.

Riding the Subway.. it was so easy and cheep! One thing that we didn't know was that in some places the subway is three levels and also goes above the ground. Its pretty dirty but fast and impossible to get lost on.
We went to the Today show and were right next to a girl who got on TV if they would of just panned over a little we would have been on TV... we also got to see Michael Boubla perform.
(I have no clue how to spell his name)

Then before heading to the airport we went out and saw the temple. I forgot my camera so this is the picture of it from the Church's site. It was really cool though but was closed of cleaning so we only got to go in the front doors.

6 comments:

Andee said...

I love that you guys did that! It is totally inspirational! My family has seen Wicked and they loved it. I agree the best part about new york is broadway. Incredible stuff. I'm so jealous you were there at the US open. You'll have to tell us about everyone you saw. See you tomorrow.

Emily said...

I love, love, love New York. I miss it so much! I'm so happy that you and Kyle got to get away. I'm all for vacations without kids (although we've only done it once - I guess we do a lot of one-night stands). I think it is so good to just be the wife. How fun! I'm glad that you guys had fun!

Kelsey said...

I'm not sure I've ever been more jealous of anyone! Your trip looks amazing. It's crazy to have so much cool stuff to see in one place huh. Broadway is of course the best, but shopping takes a close second.

Brian and Kim said...

What a great trip!! It's nice that you and Kyle got away.

Email me so I can send you an invite. kjfagergren@msn.com

Rose said...

You didn't tell me you saw Micheal buble!Oh my gosh so jealous!And I forgot to ask you about tennis!I am glad you guys had fun! Btw is that Kyle posing? lol

Kemari said...

hey! looks like a blast! glad you could do this! Derek loved it, but of course wants to take me now! Leytons pics are so cute! did you talk to andee yet? the week of the 5th would be great!