Saturday, May 10, 2008

Potty!!





Lately Leyton had been so interested in the "potty" so Kyle and I went out and got him a little training potty. He loved it right away.. he keep sitting on it and saying "potty...potty." Today he kept saying "potty" and going in to sit on his potty... I thought it was pretty cute. At one point I needed to change his diaper, so I figured what the heck I have take it off so I'll just sit him on his potty and see what he does. He sat there saying potty..potty then we he got up I peeked in and he had actually peed in it. I was shocked so I did it again later when I was getting him ready for bed and he did it again. :) We are pretty impressed! I'm sure he won't actually be potty trained anytime soon since he's not even 2. It gives me a little hope that Potty training won't be the hardest thing ever. If you have any great tips on potty training let me know because I'm very nervous about it.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Way to go! Just so you know, Austin was totally easier to potty train than Macy. So, my first point of advice is not to listen to everybody who will tell you it is harder to potty train a boy. Each child is an individual. Austin was so independent that he loved doing it himself. Macy is quite a bit more lazy, so she wasn't as interested.

I'm one of those people who push potty training on my kids. By age 2, I am so sick of diapers that I "force" them to potty train. I pretty much let them be naked from the waist down and run them to the potty every time they start to go. Then, I reward them like crazy. I've never had a problem with #2. They always wait for a diaper at bedtime.

Good luck! You'll probably get a ton of advice. So, just do what works for you and Leyton - and ignore all the rest (including mine if you want).

Kelsey said...

Yea! We got Aliah a potty for the same reason a couple of months ago. She's only used it three times. She always tells us when she needs to go, but she won't go on the potty. I think it freaks her out. I think we'll just take it slow for now, just like you. Then when she's a bit older try something crazy like the book Potty Train in a Day. It sounds insane but I know like four people who've used it and say it totally worked. Good luck!

Jen-ben said...

I totally don't. Somehow I've potty trained 4 kids...and I wonder how I did it. I say just don't stress over it, he'll eventually learn. At least by the time he's 12... :)